We appreciate your interest in our company and our products and would like you to have peace of mind with regard to the protection of your personal data when visiting our website. With this Privacy Statement we – as the party responsible for the data processing (data controller) – would like to inform you of the type, scope, and purpose of the personal data that we collect, use, and process. Moreover we would like to inform you of the rights to which you are entitled.
All explanations below are made in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (EU-GDPR), the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), and other relevant regulations.
In accordance with EU-GDPR Article 4(1), "personal data" is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by assignment to an identifier, such as a name, an identifying number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more specific characteristics that express the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of this natural person
1. Collection of data
You can generally visit our website without providing information concerning your person, and without requiring collection of your personal data.
Nevertheless, certain anonymized data will be processed for each visit to our website. This data is not personal and, consequently, it is not subject to the statutory regulations concerning data protection of personal data.
Only access data without personal reference is logged by the website operator; this access data includes the requesting host address (IP of the computer), the website from which you are visiting us, the name of the requested file, as well as the description of the type of Internet browser used, and date and time of access.
The collected data is only used for statistical evaluations and for improving the website. The website operator reserves the right to retroactively review the server logfiles if there are specific indications of unlawful use.
Personal data will only be collected if you provide personal data to us as part of online inquiries for job applications, to make contact with us for job offers, and/or to request information. Only data that is necessary for the provision of the desired service is collected.
For job applications, the data that you specify in the process of applying for a job is collected. This data includes at least your name, the contact data you have provided, and the personal data that results from your application documents.
For online inquiries, temporary storage of the IP address is necessary to enable delivery of the response to the user's computer. To that end, the user's IP address must be stored for the duration of the session.
2. The purpose for which personal data is collected
Without your separate consent, we use the data that you provide exclusively to fulfill and transact the purpose for which you have provided the data to us.
The provision of personal data can be legally prescribed or it can arise through contractual provisions (e.g. information concerning the contracting party). Occasionally, to enter into a contract, it may be necessary that you make your personal data available to us; this data must subsequently be processed by us. Not providing the personal data would result in the inability to conclude the contract.
3. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
If your consent must be obtained for the processing of personal data, this occurs in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 6(1)(a).
The processing of personal data that is necessary for fulfillment of a contract with you occurs in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 6(1)(b). This also applies for processing procedures that are required for execution of pre-contractual measures.
If processing of personal data is required for fulfillment of a legal obligation to which our company is subject, this occurs in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 6(1)(c).
If vital interests make processing of personal data necessary, this occurs in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 6(1)(d).
If none of the legal bases cited above apply, then processing in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 6(1)(f) can be required to protect the legitimate interest of our company or of a third-party, if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the person concerned (data subject) do not outweigh the interest that was first cited. As a rule, we will assume a legitimate interest on our part if data subjects are already customers of our company or if the contact occurs with reference to information concerning our company and/or our products.
We process personal data concerning job applications and/or when contact is made concerning job offers in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 88 in conjunction with BDSG § 26.
If the processing of personal data occurs on behalf of KAMAX, then this is done on the basis of contractual agreements in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 28.
4. Storage of personal data
The personal data you provide will be used to fulfill and transact the purpose for which you have provided the data to us; it will be stored in IT systems at the KAMAX facilities. In addition storage can also occur if KAMAX is obligated to do so through European or national legislation.
5. Transfer of personal data
A transfer of the personal data that you have provided occurs to the company KAMAX, which requires the data to fulfill and transact the purpose of your request. If need be, it can be sent to other KAMAX companies as well. In each case, the sending occurs with due consideration of the requirements stipulated in EU-GDPR, Articles 44 – 49.
Personal data is not sent to other parties unless
- you have agreed to it, or
- we are obligated to do so due to statutory regulations, or
- this is expressly permitted due to a statutory regulation, or
- we are obligated to do so through judicial proceedings that have been finally decided.
6. Deletion of personal data
Personal data will be deleted or restricted for processing as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply.
When we have completed the processing of your inquiry, your data will be restricted for further processing and deleted after expiration of storage periods prescribed by statutory regulations, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or there is a need to continue storing your data to entering into a contract or fulfillment a contract.
7. Your rights
You have the right:
- in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 15 to obtain information as well as confirmation from us at any time relative to the personal data stored and processed about your person and a copy of this information.
- in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 16, to demand the immediate correction of incorrect personal data concerning you or the immediate completion of incomplete personal data concerning you that is stored in our facilities;
- in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 17, to demand the immediate deletion of personal data concerning you that is stored in our facilities, if one of the following reasons applies
- the personal data was collected or processed in some other manner for purposes for which it is no longer required.
- you revoke your consent, on which the processing was based, and there are no other legal grounds for the processing.
- the personal data has been processed unlawfully.
- in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 21 you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing
- The deletion cannot occur if the processing is required
- for exercising freedom of expression and information,
- for fulfillment of a legal obligation,
- for reasons of public interest, or
- for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- in accordance with EU GDPR, Article 18, to restrict the processing of your personal data if one of the following prerequisites is present:
- if you dispute the correctness of the data for a period of time that enables us to verify the correctness of the personal data.
- the processing is unlawful, you refuse deletion of the personal data, and instead demand a restriction on the use of the personal data.
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need it for assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have filed an objection to the processing in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 21 and it is not yet clear whether our legitimate reasons outweigh your legitimate reasons.
- in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 20, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current, and machine-readable format, or to request transfer to another responsible party (data controller), insofar as this is technically feasible, and provided that the rights and freedoms of other persons are not affected by this measure.
- in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 21, to object, at any time, to the processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on EU-GDPR, Article 6 (1)(e) or (1)(f). If there is an objection, we will no longer process personal data, unless we can prove compelling, protection-worthy reasons for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the processing is in the interest of assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- in accordance with EU-GDPR, Art. 7(3), to, at any time, revoke your consent provided to us. This results in our inability to continue processing data based on this consent in the future.
- in accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 77 to appeal to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority responsible for your usual place of residence or place of work, or the supervisory authority responsible for the registered office of our company.
To exercise the your rights cited above, please contact the contact person cited under number 9. You are entitled to these rights free of charge within the scope of the legal regulations according to EU-GDPR, Article 12 and BDSG § 34.
8. Technical and organizational measures
In accordance with EU-GDPR, Article 32, we have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal data to a reasonable extent and to protect it from loss, destruction, manipulation, and unauthorized access.
All of our employees that are involved in data processing are obligated to handle personal data confidentially.
9. Contact persons
The party responsible (data collector) for the processing of personal data concerning you is
KAMAX Holding GmbH & Co. KG
35315 Homberg (Ohm)
You can reach us via the contact form under the following link:
If you have any questions concerning data protection, collection, processing or use of your personal data, the exercise of rights or the revocation of consents granted, please contact us:
KAMAX Holding GmbH & Co. KG
Data Protection Officer
35315 Homberg (Ohm)